Clyde Bergemann has several types of retractable sootblowers available for cleaning heat exchangers mainly within power, waste, biomass and industrial boilers. All of our retractable sootblowers are designed to deliver optimum results within the strict requirements of the different industries and will ensure trouble-free operation.
Clyde Bergemann retractable sootblowers offer excellent results in cleaning performance. Using the most effective cleaning nozzle on the market, cleaning impact is maximised with a minimal amount of blowing media.
Every retractable sootbower comes standard with the industry leading multiple blowing pattern (multi-progressive helix indexing) system. By indexing inside the gearbox using a clutch, we eliminate problems such as pinion and gear rack failure found in other systems.
Clyde Bergemann sootblowers offer many design features key to the petrochemical/refining industry, in particular their electrical components which are supplied to relevant standards with ATEX certified equipment available to meet hazardous gas environments. Electrical parts can be supplied to meet specific country requirements (e.g. Russia -GOST, GGTN, Korea-KGS or Canada-CSA, etc).
- The lance tube with two opposite high-performance nozzles of the retractable sootblower is helically moved into the flue gas path
- Consequently the blowing process begins shortly after the two nozzles have passed through the boiler wall
- During the blowing process the lance tube continues to move helically into the flue gas path
- On reaching the front-side end position the direction of movement changes and the lance tube returns to its rest position
- Integrated droop correction for defined guidance of nozzle head close to the optimum sootblower centre line
- Integrated multi-blowing pattern for more uniform and complete cleaning with minimum erosion impact to the heating surface
- Force actuated blowing valve to avoid any uncontrolled steam flow
- High temperature resistant lance tube and stainless steel feed-tube material
- Gear motor for combined advance and rotating movement, located in symmetry to the track beam
- Double-rack drive design for minimum stress and high stability especially for longer travels
- Two high-performance nozzles for maximum conversion of steam pressure to jet velocity for high cleaning efficiency
- Extended boiler availability and increased boiler efficiency
- Controllable deposit build-up regardless of flexible boiler operation and changing fuel mixture or varying fuel quality
- Prevents fouling in the superheater and blockages in the air heater and economiser
- Maximises thermal efficiency and reduces gas exit temperatures
- Maintained balanced heat transfer in the boiler as close as possible to design parameters
- The Clyde Bergemann design optimises cleaning effect and minimises consumption of steam, water and air
Petrochemical Industry product - designed specifically to support Fired Heaters; CO Boilers; Waste Heat boilers etc., within this industry sector