The Rake Sootblower is designed for the cleaning of economizers, finned heating surfaces or rotating basket type air heater as well as SCR systems at flue gas temperatures < 500°C.
The Rake sootblower offers the following designs to meet specific cleaning requirements for this range of application.
It uses a specially engineered, non-rotating lance to maximize cleaning effect by directing the blowing medium optimally on the air-preheater basket surface. This results in an increase of the local flue gas velocity, enabling effective re-entrainment of solid particulate as well as reduced pressure loss across those surfaces.
- The blowing rake is equipped with high performance nozzles – blowing element remains in the flue gas path
- During the blowing process the blowing rake continues to move axially into the flue gas path
- On reaching the front-side end position the direction of movement changes and the blowing rake returns to its rest position
- Integrated stop valve with adjustable throttle disc for comfortable adjustment of the blowing pressure
- High-performance nozzles
- Travel monitoring by limit switch
- Integrated gear motor for advance movement
- RS type with double-rack drive design for minimum stress and high stability
- Extended boiler availability and increased boiler efficiency
- Controllable deposit build-up regardless of flexible boiler operation and changing fuel mixture or varying fuel quality
- Prevents fouling in the superheater and blockages in the air heater and economisers
- Maximises thermal efficiency and reduces gas exit temperatures
- Maintains balanced heat transfer in the boiler as close as possible to design parameters
- Clyde Bergemann sootblowers are reliable and simple to maintain
- The Clyde Bergemann design optimises cleaning effect and minimises consumption of steam, water and air