A rapping device system is a special product for cleaning horizontal superheater paths, especially for waste, biomass and industrial plants.
Rapping device systems can be applied to remove deposits from the heating and reaction surfaces without any additional cleaning medium like steam, air or water.
Clyde Bergemann develops and produces pneumatic single rapper, SMART Rapping, in cooperation with Norgren company and offers pneumatic and mechanical rapping systems.
Rapping the polluted heating tube bundles causes an oscillation, which shakes off the build up material. Cleaning takes place by means of mechanical hammers or by pneumatically driven impact cylinders since air or water is no longer required. For heavy fouling pneumatic rapping systems are recommended which enable higher impact energies and, as a result, a better cleaning effect.
Sections of extraordinary difficult accessibility can be reached with the help of individual rappers.
- Noise protection of the rapping system is possible (optional)
- If the boiler is a positive pressurized unit, sealing air prevents the admission of flue gases
- Wear indicator on cylinders to provide constant check to operating staff
- Individually adjustable impact energy for optimized cleaning
- Optimal cleaning of the plant – extends the boiler's operational time
- No air or steam is supplied as blowing medium – results in lower maintenance expenses, less spare parts and reduced operating costs
- Comfortable operation and feedback to the control room
- Overall increase of efficiency of the evaporators, superheaters and economizers
- Extended boiler availability
- Maximizes thermal efficiency and reduces gas exit temperatures