The SMART SCS (Shower-Clean System) located on the boiler roof is suitable to clean the lower side of the boiler roof, the membrane walls and the plate heating surfaces of the furnace and open radiation passes at high flue gas temperatures up to 1,832 °F.
It uses water as the cleaning medium. The Shower-Clean System is available in different versions for specific requirements with a travel range up to 72 ft.
- Water with defined spectrum of water droplets leaves the nozzle head, mounted on a temperature-resistant metal hose
- The water penetrated into the pores evaporates and causes an abrupt increase in the volume
- The clinkers drop out
- After cleaning, the metal hose with the nozzle head is completely retracted out of the boiler
To achieve successful cleaning, it is important that the frequency of cleaning, water impact, quantity of hitting, deposits and cleaning velocity are specifically set to match the requirements of each individual plant.
- Stand-alone System SMART SCS-SA: recommended for open passes with small, uniform cross section
- Single-Row System SMART SCS-SR: recommended for boilers with rectangular cross-section - two or more flanges are arranged in a single row
- Muliple-Row System SMART SCS-MR: by using a crane runway the SMART SCS can be moved over the whole boiler roof. Recommended for boilers with complex geometry and different cleaning zones.
SMART SCS is equipped with umbrella nozzles for attaining the optimum cleaning performance. In case of heavy resistant slagging and necessity for intensive cleaning, jet nozzles can be used.
- Increased plant availability due to reliable cleaning of the open passes which are important for efficient plant operation
- Stable flue gas temperature
- Lower risk for high-temperature corrosion and reduced corrosion rate
- Shorter revision period as time-consuming manual primary cleaning is almost eliminated
- The construction of SMART SCS allows cleaning of narrow designed open passes