The operating efficiency of all Clyde Bergemann Materials Handling systems relies upon our unique Dome Valve, currently installed in over 100,000 applications worldwide.
The pressure tight, compressed air operated isolating valve,
- Features simple but robust construction
- Allows reliable, unrestricted full-bore material flow
- Minimizes the possibility of material build-up within the valve body
- Is simple in design and low in maintenance
The fast-closing product cut-off valve incorporates a unique pressure tight sealing arrangement. This is achieved by using an inflatable seal, which is automatically inflated on valve closure and deflated on opening.
- Actuator: dependent on product size, a choice of Vane or Cylinder actuated models is available on valve sizes greater than 200 mm. On smaller models the vane actuator is standard.
- Customized manufacture: Dome Valves can be customized to meet the special requirements of most applications. Alternative seal compounds and internal coatings are available Hydraulically actuated valves also available
The Dome Valve is suited to applications in a wide range of industries, like
Capable of closing through moving or some static columns of material, the dome valve can handle abrasive, cohesive, fine dry products with ease.
- Full bore unobstructed material flow through the valve forms a pressure tight seal when closed
- Cuts through moving and some static material columns
- Wide range of valve sizes from 50-500 mm diameter
- Operating temperature can range from -20° C to +480° C (above 200°C unit has internal water cooling)
- Can be used for product flow control
- Low Maintenance requirement
- High availability and long operating life
- Up to 1,000,000 cycles between major overhauls.