Clyde Bergemann has several types of retractable sootblowers available for cleaning heat exchangers mainly within power, waste, biomass and industrial boilers. All of our retractable sootblowers were designed according to the conditions of a steam generator to ensure trouble-free operation.
Clyde Bergemann retractable sootblowers offer excellent results in cleaning performance. Using the most effective cleaning nozzle on the market, cleaning impact is maximized with a minimal amount of blowing media.
Every retractable sootbower comes standard with the industry leading multiple blowing pattern (multi-progressive helix indexing) system. By indexing inside the gearbox using a clutch, we eliminate problems such as pinion and gear rack failure found in other systems.
Retractable sootblowers are available in different versions for specific requirements and travels up to 66 ft.
- The lance tube with two opposite high-performance nozzles is helically moved into the flue gas path
- Consequently the blowing process begins shortly after the two nozzles have passed through the boiler wall
- During the blowing process the lance tube continues to move helically into the flue gas path
- On reaching the front-side end position the direction of movement changes and the lance tube returns to its rest position
- Integrated droop correction for defined guidance of nozzle head close to the optimum sootblower center line
- Integrated multi-blowing pattern for more uniform and complete cleaning with minimum erosion impact to the heating surface
- Force actuated blowing valve to avoid any uncontrolled steam flow
- High temperature resistant lance tube and stainless steel feed-tube material
- Gear motor for combined advance and rotating movement, located in symmetry to the track beam
- Double-rack drive design for minimum stress and high stability especially for longer travels
- Two high-performance nozzles for maximum conversion of steam pressure to jet velocity for high cleaning efficiency
- Reduction in spare parts
- Extended packing life
- Easy maintenance
- Hot-dipped galvanized housing with lifetime warranty
- Balanced design drive system